Our emphasis on innovation and its source - dedicated employees - keeps us looking for talented individuals who are ready to meet aggressive goals in a high-technology company constantly developing new marketing-leading products. Good people are critical to our success and, in return, we offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits for our diverse, global workforce.
Responsible for sales of primarily VCP Sensor products (65%), but also Thin Film, RGAs and Leak Detection products, within the Midwest base of customers in ND, SD, MN, IA, NE, MO, WI, IL. Dimension of sales will be approximately $800K in year one with growth of 10-15% per year.
- Prospecting and new business generation. Identification of key personnel involved in the decision process on vacuum instrumentation and mapping these contacts into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Develop products, process and application knowledge on all INFICON products as well as using and creating appropriate presentation material. Product and applications training will be provided at INFICON factory locations including Syracuse, NY & Balzers Liechtenstein.
- Generates sales among new users and existing customers to increase market share within account responsibility. Become the technical subject matter expert in vacuum instrumentation product functions, features, and benefits while being able to share that knowledge with sales and customers.
- Increase product order volume against previous year's sales and to meet aggressive forecast.
- Develop & maintain excellent relationships with OEM & strategic accounts. Carries out strategic plan/direction. Accurately forecast annual and quarterly sales for territory by product line. Supplies market feedback on products, accounts, and competitive trends. Maintains high visibility at major Key Accounts in Semi and profiles major accounts to determine key decision makers and to set up product/application seminars so as to solidify relationships using the INFICON Key Account Plan.
- Introduces the VCP sensors and components at all levels of OEM, getting conditional sales and working towards eventual tool option and standard of DIWs. Sells leak detection to same base of customers and works to gain market share of INFICON RGAs and TF products at same base of accounts.
- Provides technical advice to current and potential customers regarding specific application of company products to meet customer needs. Maintains positive relationship with existing customer base. Generates sales of new products among new customers to increase product sales against previous year's sales. Promotes marketing plans in conjunction with time and territory management plans to assure sales growth and/or increased market share within territory.
- Maintains collaborative, positive contact with sales and other company personnel to maintain team effort to customers. Attends trade shows, seminars, and training sessions to keep informed of current trends in semi market and competitive products and activities.
- Make constructive recommendations concerning product line revisions, pricing changes, and sales policy changes. Assists with development of sales/marketing plan for territory and implements plan to meet sales quota by product category and dollar volume.
- Provides feedback to USA Sales Management and INFICON Marketing on a routine basis; including monthly reports in the areas of: industry trends, new application/product opportunities, product design features, competitive activity, key account happenings and training needs.
- Provide appropriate follow up to sales calls to secure revenue, including quotes, technical assistance, demo and evaluation support and post-sale follow up.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or physics or equivalent technical area.
- At least three years' successful work experience in a technical sales occupation, including a minimum of 1 years' work experience or equivalent in an instrumentation sales occupation to OEMs. Experience in working with Semiconductor, industrial and medical markets highly desirable along with vacuum and instrument (especially vacuum gauge) experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (MS Office) programs such as Word, PPT and Excel.
- Must be willing to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a special focus on Power Point.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with attention to detail required. Ability to listen carefully, respond intelligently and follow-up appropriately.
- Persistent, self-reliant and enthusiastic.
- Must be able to provide proof of a unexpired U. S. driver's license.
- Familiarity with SAP CRM software and Lotus Notes preferred.
- Working knowledge of Vacuum Technology and sensors.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.