The American Physical Society, seeks an Marketing Specialist to support effective marketing strategies, assist with campaign development, and report outcomes. The specialist will play an integral role in monitoring and contributing to the Society’s social media presence.
- Assist with the creative development, coordination, and implementation of marketing campaigns.
- Support the execution of marketing plans through weekly check-ins with stakeholders, coordinating graphics requests, and proofreading copy.
- Write and edit marketing copy for advertisements, web, emails, social media, and other collateral.
- Evaluate campaign performance to develop insightful reports to help inform future marketing strategies.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of social media channels to include managing editorial calendars and moderating user-generated content.
- Track, analyze, and report key performance indicators (KPIs) across social media channels and use findings to maximize growth opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the organization.
- As necessary, provide support to email marketing services including building and sending mass emails.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 2-4 years of professional marketing experience.
- Experience working with associations or nonprofits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Specialized knowledge of production of marketing materials.
- Advanced working knowledge of social media, including social media management software.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite, Google Business Applications, and project management software, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with marketing reporting including the use of Google Analytics and social media metrics.
- Interest in science preferred.
To apply, send cover letter including salary requirement, resume, and a list of professional references to the attention of the Human Resources via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive