GORDON COLLEGE FACULTY POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Assistant or Associate Professor of Physics
We are welcoming candidates for a faculty position opportunity in the Department of Physics. Gordon College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track assistant or associate professor of physics appointment. Position to begin August 2017. Rank will be commensurate with experience.
The Physics Department has seen strong growth in recent years, and our program is lively and focused on providing high quality instruction and unique undergraduate research opportunities. The department is composed of three full-time and three part-time faculty along with some fifty student majors.
Graduates of the department go on to pursue graduate degrees in physics or related disciplines, work at high tech startup companies or STEM-industry companies, teach at the secondary education level, or start companies of their own.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a doctorate in physics, applied physics, materials science or a closely related field
- a background in experimental condensed matter physics, solid state physics or materials science
- an ability to instruct courses from introductory physics through the first-year graduate level
- a passion for teaching and mentoring of undergraduates
- an established research program or a clear vision for its development
- a strong commitment to the Christian mission of the college
- collaborative skills that cross departmental and disciplinary boundaries, including a willingness to instruct non-physics majors
The preferred will:
- Be committed to integrating undergraduate research into their own research agenda
- Have a research interest in experimental condensed matter physics, solid state physics or materials science
Gordon College is recruiting accomplished faculty who demonstrate the ability to combine outstanding scholarship with a passion for teaching and mentoring, and who are dedicated to preparing thoughtful Christian men and women for lives of service and leadership worldwide.
Interested applicants need to submit a Curriculum Vita that includes the names of 3 technical references, samples of academic writing, and a letter of application that addresses their fit with the mission of Gordon College and with the specific position.
The review of applicants will begin on November 1 and continue until the position is filled. For more information and details on how to apply go to: http://www.gordon.edu/teachatgordon
Gordon College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes that diversity is necessary to our ability to achieve our goals and educational mission. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.