POSITION TITLE: Process Engineer
DEPARTMENT NAME: SED
REPORTING TO TITLE: Demo Lab Manager
FLSA STATUS (E or N) E
EEO CATEGORY: Professional
JOB STATUS: Full-time
The Process Engineer position is located in Dallas, Texas and supports the business objectives of HTA’s Semiconductor Equipment Division. This positions main objective is to provide process engineering support to SED’s various demonstration labs, customer activities, and development programs. The employee must be willing to travel to Japan for specific project and process development as necessary. This is a team leadership position. Position is expected to be able to manage individual demos with minimal support. Engineer is expected to develop and optimize a specific process, understand hardware and process interactions, create customer reports, improve understanding by studying external papers and attending conferences, and explain process phenomena based upon plasma physics and chemical/material interactions. The engineer should be able to create and give presentation at internal and external conferences. Engineer should be able to perform basic supervisor roles such as training new engineers in the use of toolset, metrology equipment, and other demonstration laboratory procedures. The engineer is interfacing with engineers globally so strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Day-to-Day responsibilities include: completing assigned tasks in a timely fashion, performing routine development tasks and tool operation, and improving specific process development knowledge and skills.
- Hands-on dry etch process development. This includes performing customer demonstrations, R&D of new dry etch technology trends, and meeting the objectives of customer requirements for current and future technology processes.
- Operate Hitachi Etch Systems and be able to train new engineers in the use of these toolsets.
- Must be able to operate all associated semiconductor metrology equipment utilized in the demo lab and be able to train new engineers in their use.
- Must be able to independently complete routine process development tasks with minimal instructions. Should be able to manage a single demo with limited support from Senior Engineers.
- Utilize analytical tools & techniques to solve process development issues.
- Analysis of data, design and execution of experiments including DOE.
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, and technical reports, and generate process engineering specifications.
- Lead customer discussions regarding demonstration results, new product evaluations, training of process and/or equipment, and troubleshooting of process issues.
- Interface with Hitachi Corporate R&D headquarters in Japan.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, related field, or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- 0-10 years Plasma Etch Process Experience or semiconductor processing preferred.
- Possible travel to Japan for training or customer sites worldwide as needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing to travel to Japan for project and process development programs.
- Periodic oversees business trips may be required throughout the year.
- Candidate must have good verbal and written communication, strong analytical capabilities and trouble shooting skills, and must work well in a team environment.
- Strong general technical knowledge of semiconductor wafer processing.
- Advanced understanding of and experience with Dry Etch / RIE.
- Self-motivated and show ability to adapt to changes in a fast moving environment.
- Demonstrate project planning, execution, and leadership skills with on-time delivery of milestones.
- Strong engineering analytical/problem solving skills. Understanding of Scientific Method and experience using it.
- In depth knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Ability to work in teams in leadership and subordinate roles. Supervise new hires and provide basic training and guidance.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment for extended hours.
- Should be able to manage some scheduling of resources. Both human and Equipment.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office software competency.
The above job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EOE – Females/Minorities/Vets/Disabled