The System Evaluation Division (SED) has an immediate opening for a research analyst at Schriever AFB, CO to support the Missile Defense Agency in analysis of the Command Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System in system level testing. The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is a non-profit corporation that operates three federally funded research and development centers to provide objective analyses of national security issues, particularly those requiring scientific and technical expertise. IDA research staff members conduct multi-disciplinary analyses in an environment encouraging rigorous, independent research on challenging and complex issues. IDA provides an inclusive work environment and a comprehensive, competitive salary and benefits package
The C2BMC analysis group within SED supports and advises MDA officials regarding the test and evaluation of the Command Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). The Analyst will evaluate all aspects of C2BMC performance which includes creating and maintaining a consistent integrated air picture, providing situational awareness, and managing sensors. The Analyst will support test planning, observe testing, conduct independent in-depth analyses of test results, direct other analysts and present combined analysis results to analysts and government leaders in the missile defense agency. The Analyst will work independently and in small teams using their strong scientific and technical skills, particularly in the area of quantitative analysis. The position involves close interaction with mid- and senior-level civilian and military officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of BMDS tests. Travel is required.
- Candidates must have one of the following education/experience combinations:
- A Doctoral degree in Material Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Biology, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Computer Science, or a quantitative interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus; OR
- A Master’s degree in Material Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Biology, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Computer Science, or a quantitative interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus discipline coupled with 8+ years’ experience
- Ability to collect, organize, synthesize and analyze data; summarize findings, develop and report conclusions.
- Able to problem solve in a clear and concise manner, have strong communication skills and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Matlab and Python (Java acceptable in place of Python).
- Linux-based operating system experience is highly desired.
- Must be an experienced briefer capable of expressing complex ideas and concepts to both senior leaders and other technical analysts.
- Current DOD Secret Security Clearance required.
IDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, genetic characteristic or any other legally protected condition or characteristic.