BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Design and maintain Microsoft SQL databases and associated file servers storing scientific data. Work closely with science and engineering teams to ensure database needs are met in fast-moving and challenging environment.
Will work with scientific and engineering staff in the creation of database tools, including but not limited to ongoing design and development of database solutions using tables, stored procedures, functions, views and indexes. Will work closely with software engineers and information technology team to ensure data integrity and overall system quality, participate in verification through unit testing, and implement bug fixes.
Must have strong MS SQL database skills including: programming using SQL and SQL/RDBMS utilities, tuning and performance optimization, database/server management and security, and synchronization/replication of databases.
- Demonstrated experience in a heterogeneous computing environments centered on Microsoft Windows servers and MS SQL databases.
- Experience working closely with end-users, specifically scientists, engineers, and IT.
- 5 years’ experience as database programmer/administrator in a working environment utilizing RDBMS and related technologies.
- Proficiency in SQL technologies and data architecture, database design, development and data modeling.
- Proficiency in writing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning of SQL queries, stored procedures, packages, functions.
- Ability to identify problems and effectively communicate solutions to peers and management.
- RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server
- Database architecture
- Database replication
- Database administration
- Database automation
- Business Intelligence (BI), Agile/Scrum methodologies.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment with other team members, excellent problem solving skills, ability to work in a variety of physical environments including offices, server rooms, and laboratories.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship. Possession of an active security clearance or ability to obtain one is required.
Apply on-line at www.hrl.com
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.