Summary of Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of experienced scientists conduct R&D in support of the Fermilab state-of-the-art superconducting magnet program with emphasis on the magnetic, thermal, mechanical and quench design and analysis of the test results.
- Develop research interests that are aligned with Fermilab magnet program.
- Propose and execute R&D activities in the area of accelerator physics and accelerator technology related to the overall mission of the Laboratory.
- Participate in relevant conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Publish research results in referenced journals.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to carry out independent research and/or project leadership
- Ph.D. in Physics, Magnet Technology or equivalent degree in a closely related field;
- 1+ years of post-doc experience;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit via Academic Jobs Online: 1) Curriculum Vitae, 2) Publication List, 3) Research Statement, and 4) Three or More Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at the AJO site).
For general information about this position, please contact George Velev via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
HUMAN FACTORS: Mental Concentration, Sitting, Standing, and Visually Demanding
PHYSICAL FACTORS: Cryogens and High Magnetic Field
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Eye/Face/Foot/Hand Protection
There is no legal requirement that Fermilab sponsor an employee for U.S. permanent residence. As a result, Fermilab will make the decision to sponsor an employee on a case-by-case basis. Fermilab will consider the following factors, among others, when determining whether to sponsor an employee for U.S. permanent residence: performance, length of service, long-term need for the position, and cost.
Diverse people. Diverse jobs. Great science.
Fermilab is America’s particle physics and accelerator laboratory.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.