What Is Required:
• Ph.D. in Experimental Physics, Applied Physics or Engineering.
• Experience with High Energy Physics or Nuclear Science Detector development, construction, commissioning, or operation.
• Proficiency with computing programming languages (eg. C/C++, python)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience in integrated circuit design or test, firmware programming experience (eg.
• VHDL, Verilog), finite element analysis, precision assembly and metrology, electronic assembly and wire bonding, electronic reliability testing, radiation testing, GEANT simulation and familiarity with ROOT.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on June 30, 2017.
• This is a full time, 2 year, postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 3 years paid postdoctoral experience.
• Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
• Work will be primarily performed at: Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
LEARN ABOUT US:
To learn more information on the Physics Division's research programs, visit http://physics.lbl.gov.
How To Apply
Please go to Academic Jobs Online to create a profile and submit the requested application materials. Note that applications will only be accepted via this Academic Jobs Online URL:
The following requested application materials listed below must be submitted through Academic Jobs Online:
• Curriculum Vitae.
• Cover Letter.
• Statement of Interest.
• 3 Letters of reference (to be uploaded on AJO by referee)
LBNL is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory managed by the University of California for the DOE Office of Science. It has an excellent benefits program, which you can read about at: (https://commons.lbl.gov/display/hr/Benefits).
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".