Senior PeopleSoft Engineer (HCM)
Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
Salary $117,190.00 - $139,907.00 Annually
Job Type Regular Full Time
Job Number 16-00135
Location Downtown Oakland, CA
AC Transit is actively recruiting for the position of Senior PeopleSoft Engineer (HCM). Under general supervision; acts as technical lead, and retains responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the District's PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System. This position also supervises staff, and consults with Information Services staff, hosting service providers, all levels of management, and PeopleSoft users throughout the District. This is an excellent opportunity to work in Information Services at one of the largest bus agencies in California. In addition to working with some of the best in the business, AC Transit also has an excellent benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and a 457 savings plan.
- Manages the functions and procedures involved in the implementation and maintenance of all PeopleSoft modules.
- Leads the production support effort in tracking, developing, testing and implementing the short-term & long-term solution to all PeopleSoft issues.
- Leads software project planning efforts and strategy sessions, and continually prioritizes issues and solutions to optimize system performance. Sets PeopleSoft development and support priorities, schedules and work assignments.
- Develops requirements and specifications for new and modified features.
- Consults with end users and facilitates planning, application, and functional design sessions with representatives of the various District departments to reach consensus on system needs and requirements.
- Analyzes requirements and findings to develop end-to-end solutions; and applies business process re-engineering with use of new systems or enhancements to existing applications.
- Collaborates with information systems staff and the various user departments to test, train, and gain user acceptance of all PeopleSoft modules across departments and functions as adopted by the District.
- Identifies data issues and collaborates with functional teams to mitigate risks by proposing data rationalization and clean up strategies.
- Participates in defining, fine-tuning, and implementing development processes.
- Supervises assigned staff, and may provide supervision to other staff on an ad-hoc or project basis.
- Collaborates with Information Services staff, PeopleSoft end-users, and hosting services to address and resolve issues, and implement recommendations.
- Monitors and enforces use of both internal and hosting services' change management processes for PeopleSoft applications.
- Manages relationship with the District's PeopleSoft hosting service provider. Participates in regular management and oversight meetings.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Education/Certification: Equivalent to either a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field; OR at least five (5) years in a Senior PeopleSoft Engineer capacity.
Experience: Ten (10) years of recent and verifiable PeopleSoft implementation and support experience. This must include experience with PeopleSoft Financials & Supply Chain modules (Purchasing, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Asset Management, Project Costing, Cash Management, and especially Commitment Control.) PeopleTools 8.4x or above, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Portal, Security administration, Application Designer, Component Interface, Integration Broker, Application messaging, nVision, PS Query, Crystal Report and SQL with application version 9 or above, including responsibility for development of modifications and interface. Experience with PeopleSoft HCM, Base Benefits, Payroll, Time & Labor, and Leave Management System is desirable.
Desired: (1) Knowledge of Oracle's PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.0 (HRMS); (2) experience with HCM integration to Financials and EPM, and (3) demonstrated experience with project management and leadership in the above mentioned areas.
Must maintain the physical condition necessary to: (1) perform tasks in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment; (2) possess physical mobility in order to travel to other locations within the AC Transit District.
THIS POSITION IS A UNION POSITION, REPRESENTED BY AFSCME
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records. Finalists will be placed on an Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation.
ADA Compliant and Drug Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://apptrkr.com/1012138
Equal Opportunity Employer