Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Palo Alto, California
FORT COLLINS, Colorado
- PhD in nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, or related field.
- Knowledge of accelerator-based nuclear-physics experiments and/or neutron irradiations.
- Experience with highly segmented charged-particle and gamma-ray detectors, neutron spectroscopy, and associated data analysis.
- Knowledge of programming in C/C++ and/or other programming languages.
- Experience performing analysis using ROOT and QT.
- Experience performing simulations with GEANT4 and/or MCNP.
- Experience with digital and analog electronics for data acquisition systems, specifically NIM and VME electronics.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment and present and explain technical information.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.