Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Palo Alto, California
FORT COLLINS, Colorado
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- MS in Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering discipline with emphasis on optics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced knowledge and technical experience in the use of CNC sub-aperture tool grinders, CNC sub-aperture tool polishers, and/or MRF polishing
- Significant experience in optics design, manufacturing, and metrology, including interferometry.
- Significant experience with materials interactions during grinding and mechanical & chemical polishing
- Significant experience in developing process flow work instructions using measured data
- Significant experience in measuring and evaluating optic specifications (scratch/dig, wavefront, power spectral density (PSD), roughness, and Zernike terms)
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management and external stakeholders.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative research and development environment.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Expert knowledge in optical fabrication techniques.
- Significant experience working independently and ability to provide technical leadership to guide projects to completion.
Qualifications We Desire
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering discipline with emphasis on optics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.