Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Palo Alto, California
FORT COLLINS, Colorado
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in material science, chemistry, engineering, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience representing and facilitating independent quality assessments and conducting internal quality assessments to evaluate staff, methods, equipment, calibration and reporting with follow-on corrective/preventative actions as needed.
- Knowledge of industry quality standards and practices related to sample preparation and analytical instrumentation such as NMR, GC/MS, LC/MS, ICP-MS, SEM, FTIR, alpha and gamma spectrometers.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills necessary to provide quality support in presenting, writing, revising, and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs), test methods, worksheets, guidance documents, training records, Quality Manual, and correspondence with the accreditation agency.
- Experience updating, implementing, and maintaining a quality management system per ISO 17025 to promote continual improvement and sustain accreditation and the ability to produce valid results.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship to multidisciplinary technical staff members to achieve compliance in total quality efforts.
- Proficiency in computer technology including understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- The willingness and ability to self-direct and work independently to anticipate, define, interpret, advise, recommend, and approve actions and implement solutions for total quality efforts.
- Fundamental organizational and interpersonal skills to work with experimental teams which may include members from all disciplines and working effectively under conflicting and rigorous deadlines.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- Significant experience managing a proficiency test program to meet accreditation timelines.
- Significant experience with the implementation or use of a laboratory information management system (LIMS) including automated quality tracking systems (e.g., RFID tagging, readers) to support laboratory operations.
- Significant experience with the operation of analytical instrumentation.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master's degree in material science, chemistry, engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge of radiological instruments and related sample preparation methods.
- Experience working with the American Association of Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) or similar accreditation agencies.
- In-depth knowledge of LLNL.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.