Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Palo Alto, California
FORT COLLINS, Colorado
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- PhD in a physical science (e.g., Physics, Chemistry, Earth Science, Materials Science, Astronomy, Astrophysics,) Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with in-situ measurements (e.g., optical or x-ray spectroscopies, x-ray diffraction or imaging, velocimetry, etc.), diagnostic development, data analysis, model development, or image processing.
- Experience with analytical techniques and tools, including computational simulations, to determine structure, thermomechanical properties (e.g., thermal conductivity, density, bulk modulus, etc.), or thermodynamic variables (e.g., temperature, pressure, etc.).
- Demonstrated capacity for conception, design, control, and execution of experiments.
- Proficient, collaborative verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrated by publication of peer-reviewed literature and presentations of research.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in one of the following areas: High Energy Density Science, high-pressure or high-temperature science (dynamic or static), matter and/or materials at extreme conditions, interiors of planets and exoplanets, giant impacts, spectroscopic methods, or research at large scale facilities such as synchrotrons.
- Experience with computer programming with an emphasis on developing custom analytical routines or experience with developing new experimental techniques and/or computer algorithms.
- Experience working on highly multidisciplinary teams.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.