Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Palo Alto, California
FORT COLLINS, Colorado
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- BS degree in materials science or engineering, ceramics, chemistry, physics or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Fundamental knowledge and practical experience operating, maintaining, data-logging a variety of laboratory equipment for materials processing such as ovens, furnaces, hydraulic presses, vacuum or pressurized gas systems, chemical fume hoods or glove-boxes.
- Experience identifying and recommending solutions to fundamental problems using initiative and creativity.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication as reflected by effective presentations at seminars, meetings and/or teaching lectures.
- The willingness and ability to work independently, and to collaborate on multidisciplinary teams as required to reach research goals.
Additional qualifications at the SES.2 level
- Experience working with ceramic or composite fabrication techniques such as milling, casting, sintering in vacuum furnaces, hot-presses, autoclaves.
- Experience or knowledge in a variety of advanced and additive manufacturing techniques.
- Experience performing hazardous work with reactive or nano- materials and performing experiments in corrosive or high-temperature environments.
Qualifications We Desire
- MS degree in materials science or engineering, ceramics, chemistry, physics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- A proven interest in pushing ceramic or composite materials to the forefront of advanced engineering whether for traditional or additive manufacturing.
- Willingness and ability to provide data for proposals to gain funding for either feasibility or long-term studies.
- Willingness to engage and contribute to our inclusive lab culture.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.