Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Palo Alto, California
FORT COLLINS, Colorado
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- BS in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Broad understanding in basic chemistry of the lanthanides and actinides.
- Broad experience with radioactive materials and contamination control.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience operating computers to collect, analyze, and document scientific results.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative research and development environment at LLNL.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in actinide chemistry and processing.
- Significant experience in chemical and materials characterization.
- Advanced knowledge in contamination control and actinide material handling.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with chemical process design.
- Experience in material properties and characterization.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.