Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Palo Alto, California
FORT COLLINS, Colorado
- If selected for an L- or Q-level clearance, must have the ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE L- or Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in optical system design and building or using complex optical layouts.
- Significant experience with one of the following: laser material processing techniques (i.e., environment-controlled laser processing) using various laser (CW, ns, ps, and fs) systems, laser beam propagation, laser material characterization methods (i.e., time-resolved PL, pump probe).
- Advanced knowledge in fundamentals of non-linear optical interactions (i.e., SHG, self-focusing, etc.).
- Ability to perform as an innovative experimentalist with a broad range of experience in experimental design, techniques, execution, and analysis.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative research environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in using class 4 lasers, optics system layout, and construction.
- Experience in wavelength, time, and spatial multiplexing schemes.
- Experience with computer software for instrumentation design and control.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.