- PhD in plasma physics, hydrodynamics, shock physics, spectroscopy, nuclear physics, condensed matter or related field or discipline, or equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Significant scientific knowledge and experience independently designing, executing, and analyzing complex experiments in the areas of laser-plasma interactions, hydrodynamics, radiation transport, implosion physics, material strength or nuclear physics.
- Significant knowledge and experience developing complex diagnostics, image processing, and data analysis.
- Advanced analytical skills necessary to solve complex problems and make decisions.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment, present and explain technical information, author technical and scientific reports, publications, and invited papers, and provide advice to management.
- Experience working independently, as well as in a team, with minimal direction in a driven environment.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Expert knowledge and substantial experience designing, executing, and analyzing highly complex experiments in laser and x-ray driven physics.
- Expert knowledge and substantial experience developing new ideas or modifying approaches.
- Experience overseeing the experimental activates of junior scientists and technical personnel.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing experiments in the field of plasma and atomic physics with knowledge of plasma characterization techniques and instrumentation.
- Experience with x-ray sources, time-resolved optical and x-ray photon detection techniques, CCDs, imaging and spectroscopy.
- Experience with spectrum and image analysis using numerical processing.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.