Palo Alto, California
FORT COLLINS, Colorado
- B.S. Degree in atmospheric science, oceanography, earth science or closely related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Broad experience working with scientists in atmospheric science, oceanography, climate science, or closely related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to independently write reports and exchange technical information with colleagues and the broader science community.
- Possession of the interpersonal skills necessary to work in a diverse, multidisciplinary research team and communicate with the external user community and sponsors.
- Ability to travel as required.
Qualifications we desire
- M.S. in atmospheric science, oceanography, earth science or closely related field and formal training and experience in technical writing or communications
- Broad experience running weather, climate, or Earth system model simulations and/or Web development.
- Broad experience programming in Python, R or MatLab
- Broad experience working with climate, Earth system or weather model output.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.