Palo Alto, California
- PhD in Virology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or a related field.
- Expertise in working with in vivo models of infectious disease and/or characterizing in vivo immune responses.
- Proficiency isolating and processing tissues for cellular and molecular analyses
- Proficiency working with mammalian cell culture and propagation of viruses
- Proficiency with one or more cellular/molecular characterization techniques, such as flow cytometry, histology, RT-PCR, site-directed mutagenesis, sequencing, etc.
- Ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment and present and explain technical information.
Qualifications we desire:
- Experience with NGS analysis and bioinfomatics
- Experience with reverse genetic methods for manipulation of RNA virus genomes
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.