Palo Alto, California
FORT COLLINS, Colorado
- Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Working knowledge of basic recombinant and microbial techniques, including synthetic gene design, expression optimization and promoter utilization.
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly, apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment, and gain proficiency to work independently to meet established guidelines.
- Experience working effectively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment both independently and as a team with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff.
- Proficient with common software (e.g., Microsoft Office applications) and able to quickly learn new software.
Additional qualifications at the SES.2 level
- Master's degree in Molecular Biology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in protein expression, purification and characterization.
- Experience characterizing immune responses in cellular and animal models.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in animal handling, various vaccination techniques, and typical molecular biology laboratory instruments.
Qualifications we desire
- Experience with recombinant DNA technology.
- Working knowledge of protein purification and characterization techniques and experience with sample preparation and processing.
- Willingness to work with animal models, and DNA and RNA extraction protocols.
- Working knowledge of nanoparticle platforms and vaccine formulations and administration.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.