Palo Alto, California
FORT COLLINS, Colorado
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Ph.D. in nuclear engineering, materials science, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience operating and maintaining high-voltage accelerators and related instrumentation (e.g., ion sources).
- Significant experience writing proposals and executing projects as a Principal Investigator.
- Ability to perform independent research, find innovative solutions, and produce significant accomplishments toward complex scientific and technical problems.
- Significant experience working in a research team with individuals from diverse technical backgrounds.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, author technical and scientific reports and publications and deliver scientific presentations.
- Documented publication record in peer-reviewed literature and /or experience presenting research results to a large audience.
Qualifications we desire
- Experience with materials characterization techniques particularly those that can be performed in-situ during ion beam irradiation.
- Familiarity with computer models related to ion beams (e.g., charged particle optics, ion energy loss and range, etc.).
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.