- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience with metals-based additive manufacturing and process science, particularly in solidification of metals and alloys.
- Significant experience in materials characterization of metal alloys, including neutron or X-ray diffraction experiments.
- Advanced knowledge in residual stress analysis for metal alloys.
- Advanced knowledge with configuring experiments for in situ examination of microstructure evolution.
- Ability to develop independent research projects.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in printing metal using laser powder bed fusion.
- Experience with analytic software tools.
- Familiarity with thermal imaging systems.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.