College Park, Maryland
New York, New York
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Ph.D. in theoretical physics or related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Understanding of theoretical physics and analytic methods of mathematical physics; knowledge of computational techniques (e.g. Bill Press' Numerical recipes).
- Familiarity with radiation and neutron transport.
- Ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature
- Documented publication record in peer-reviewed literature with experience presenting research results to a large audience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to author technical and scientific reports and publications and deliver scientific presentations.
- Initiative and interpersonal skills with desire and ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Significant experience managing projects and teams.
- Significant experience collaborating across research (university or national laboratory) and commercial (industry) institutions.
- Significant experience effectively managing concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with radiation measurement instruments, systems, and analysis.
- Understanding of the principles of radiation detection and signal processing.
- Ability to coordinate complex tasks by interacting independently with other team members in the execution of the mission.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.