Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
College Park, Maryland
West Lafayette, Indiana
Princeton, New Jersey
Princeton, New Jersey
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Data Science, Physics, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: high-rate or single shot experiments, high-pressure research, mechanics of materials, spectroscopy, fluid dynamics.
- Experience with comprehensive data analysis and statistical methods.
- Experience in and ability to apply a broad range of experimental design, methods, and analysis.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, such as would be needed to write reports, peer-reviewed publications, and proposals.
- Initiative, eagerness to learn and apply new techniques, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
Familiarity with data acquisition and/or data analysis software (e.g., excel, Matlab, Python, Mathematica, Comsol, Labview, C/C++, R, etc.).
Additional qualifications at the SES.2 level
- Expertise with data acquisition and/or data analysis software (e.g., excel, Matlab, Python, Mathematica, Comsol, Labview, C/C++, R, etc.) or design software (e.g., CAD).
- Previous experience preparing documents and publishing results.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master's in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Data Science, Physics, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience using gas guns, explosives, or lasers to study materials under dynamic pressure; experience working at beamlines/large facilities; or other high-risk, preparation intensive, experimental settings.
- Expertise using (multi)physics simulation codes to model experiments or analyze scientfic data, for example, COMSOL, MATLAB, CTH, Mathematica, Igor Pro, or ALE3D.
- Experience with fabrication methods, CAD, and fielding experiments in complex environments.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.