Ithaca, New York
Hoboken, New Jersey
New York, New York
- This position requires the ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Secretarial and administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Effective organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under limited supervision, in an environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to identify and make recommendations for administrative problems.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and independently determine and set priorities and goals.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
Additional qualifications at the 405.4 Level
- Specialized and advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques and methods, including effective problem solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Advanced organizational skills to manage and complete complex projects, including the coordination of multiple activities and the ability to independently determine and set priorities and goals.
- Ability to be flexible and discreet in handling sensitive and complex issues, and experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently under minimal supervision in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing deadlines, instructions and priorities.
Qualifications we desire
- Experience with Visitor Tracking System (VTS) and Foreign Travel System (FTS).
- Experience arranging domestic and/or foreign travel.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.