Ithaca, New York
Hoboken, New Jersey
New York, New York
- This position requires the ability to secure and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- PhD in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Engineering, Earth Science or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience using solid-state NMR techniques to characterize complex materials or systems.
- Significant experience supervising others in a technical environment.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain and present highly complex ideas to a broad audience.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, projects, and deliverables.
Additional qualifications at the SEL.4 level (Director)
- Demonstrated ability to develop research proposals in support of new scientific programs or projects focused on applied magnetic resonance research.
- Experience building and/or managing multi-disciplinary programs or projects.
- Extensive experience balancing complex and competing priorities.
Qualifications we desire
- Knowledge of Laboratory management and structure, including supervision, budget, policies, and processes.
- Experience with advanced solution-state NMR methods, electron paramagnetic resonance, or magnetic resonance microscopy.
- Knowledge of one or more National Security related Program priorities.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.