Hoboken, New Jersey
New York, New York
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with process control systems and process automation practices, particularly chemical plant control philosophy and familiarity with SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems) and SILs (Safety Integrity Levels).
- Broad experience in scaling up chemical synthesis processes from lab scale to pilot scale or production scale with an emphasis in thermal safety.
- Experience with chemical engineering unit operations, batch process, and solids handling.
- Experience with change management and document control.
- Strong safety attitude and solid understanding of safe work practices.
- Proficient interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports.
In Addition, at the SES.3 Level
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Advanced knowledge in scaling up chemical synthesis processes.
- Significant experience working independently and ability to provide technical leadership to guide projects to completion.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with synthesis and scale up of energetic materials and handling and processing energetic materials.
- Chemical process experience in petrochemicals or pharmaceuticals, preferably in a pilot plant or the equivalent setting.
- Experience with Wonderware.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.