Mississippi State, Mississippi
Hoboken, New Jersey
New York, New York
- PhD in Theoretical Nuclear Physics, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more areas of theoretical and/or computational low-energy nuclear physics or nuclear data, and ability to carry out independent research and find innovative solutions to scientific and technical problems.
- Experience developing, testing, and documenting computer software for physics problems.
- Familiarity with statistical methods for sensitivity analyses or uncertainty quantification.
- Experience collaborating with experimentalists, nuclear data users or computational scientists.
- Track record of scientific accomplishments in low-energy nuclear theory or related fields as evidenced through publications in peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills necessary to author technical or scientific reports and publications and to deliver scientific presentations.
- Initiative and interpersonal skills necessary to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Significant experience and subject matter expertise in one or more areas of nuclear theory or nuclear data, and topics relevant to fundamental and applied nuclear science.
- Experience preparing technical proposals for both internal and external funding opportunities, and leading and managing medium to large multi-investigator projects and/or collaborations.
- Expert organizational, decision-making, communication, mentoring and leadership skills.
Qualifications we desire
- Expertise in astrophysical reaction network simulations or quantum computing applied to strongly correlated quantum systems.
- Experience with large-scale parallel programming on current architectures and interest in developing solutions for next-generation hybrid CPU/GPU architectures.
- Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.