Mississippi State, Mississippi
Hoboken, New Jersey
New York, New York
- MS in Chemical Engineering in a life science or biotechnology setting, or a relevant field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting lab automation, particularly for gene synthesis, cloning, recombinant expression, protein purification, or protein characterization
- Ability to work with at a high level of independence
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment and present and explain technical information
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment both independently and as a team with a diverse set of scientists, and other technical and administrative staff
- Effective problem-solving skills to implement solutions of limited complexity.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- PhD in Chemical Engineering in a life science or biotechnology setting, or a relevant field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience adapting commercially available lab automation solutions to applications not developed by the vendor
- Significant experience programming, adapting, and troubleshooting lab automation, particularly for gene synthesis, cloning, recombinant expression, protein purification, and/or protein characterization
- Subject matter expert on state-of-the-art automation solutions
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with laboratory information management software
- Experience integrating separate automated process steps into a semi- or fully automated process
- Python programing
- Experience in mammalian tissue culture, transfection, and protein expression
- Expertise in molecular biology, immunology, protein biochemistry and/or biophysics
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.