Mississippi State, Mississippi
Hoboken, New Jersey
New York, New York
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- PhD in physics, engineering or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience and expertise in the physics of nuclear weapons and knowledge of WCI and the LLNL weapons program.
- Extensive leadership skills in a high-technology research and development environment and experience providing leadership in and supporting large-scale projects and programs, and the ability to safely and securely deliver results.
- Expertise in strategic planning and organizational dynamics and extensive experience in decision-making based on aggregate information and the recommendations of others that significantly affect the ability of the organization and Laboratory to achieve its overall objectives and long-range goals.
- Extensive experience sustaining productive relationships with other divisions, directorates, laboratories, UC, NNSA management, other institutions across the DOE and DoD enterprise, and external advisors and reviewers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of national-security policy issues and with Laboratory and external contacts working these issues.
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal, necessary to effectively explain, present, negotiate, advise, and influence all levels of management and government officials.
- Expert problem solving, analytical, technical, organizational, and management skills necessary to independently advise, recommend, and approve appropriate actions and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated experience implementing plans that promote and value diversity, equity and inclusion principles in the workplace.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.