Mississippi State, Mississippi
Hoboken, New Jersey
New York, New York
- Master's degree in Engineering such as Mechanical, Chemical or Materials Science/Engineering, Physics or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Significant experience in challenging, goal-oriented projects requiring substantial understanding of sensors, advance microscopy such as holographic microscopy and other metrology tools for smart manufacturing.
- Advanced knowledge of signal analysis, regression and deep learning methods for complex data analysis, feature extraction and anomaly detection.
- Ability to perform hands-on work in a laboratory or fast paced production facility such as developing robust processes and commissioning new systems, trouble-shooting equipment malfunctions, etc.
- Ability to develop analytical kinematic and physics-based models and simulation
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative research environment, and the ability to work independently.
Qualifications We Desire
- PhD in Engineering such as Mechanical, Chemical or Materials. Science/Engineering, Physics or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in software programs such as Python, C, Matlab; GUI design, Monte-Carlo simulations, etc.
- Familiarity with ML toolkits such as Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, Orange, SAS, etc.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.