Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Saint Paul-Iez-Durance, France
Daegu, South Korea
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Merrimack, New Hampshire
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Master's in Chemistry, Geochemistry, Forensics, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced understanding of analytical chemistry and/or materials characterization techniques, such as multi-element instrumental analyses (mass spectroscopy and emission spectroscopy), TIMS, titrimetry, etc.
- Ability and drive to learn new techniques and independently advance lab characterization efforts and capabilities.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain fissile material handler certification.
Qualifications We Desire
- PhD in Chemistry, Geochemistry, Forensics, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in actinide materials characterizations and operations within a highly regulated environment
- Knowledge of state-of-art analytical instrumentation and testing of nuclear materials.
The APS Physics Job Center has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.